Research shows that it is beneficial to the baby to co-sleep with the parents for the first months. It is, however not recommended to share the same bed as this practice increases the risk of SIDS. Learn more here
The Bednest is attached to the main bed and creates a separate, safe place for your baby. During the night, feeding and settling is much easier and quicker, letting both you and baby get more sleep.
The sides are mesh and you can see you can see your baby through the material. Once your Bednest is securely positioned next to your bed you can open one side for easy access to your baby. The other is permanently left up and secured. The fully opened side acts as a bridge between the Bednest and your bed and eliminates any gap. Once you have finished feeding (or cuddling) you must put your baby back into the Bednest and close the side. You can now both sleep safely.
The Bednest stand is fully height adjustable via a sliding mechanism and attaches to your bed with straps. There is a short strap for a bed frame and a long for an ensemble bed.
The Bednest mattress measures 84cm x 38cm and has a HD foam core with a washable cover. Suitable for a bed with a maximum height of 66cm from the floor to the top of the mattress.
Benefits of co-sleeping
- Enhances the bond between mother & child
- Convenient for mother to attend to her baby
- If baby sleeps well, so does mum and the whole family
- When baby stirs, you are right there to settle him/her back to sleep
- Easier to breastfeed at night – especially for mothers recovering from a caesarean
- Reduces the risk of SIDS
- Allows you to have baby by your side in his/her own safe space
- Secures to framed beds and ensembles alike
- The mesh sides are easy to open and close
- Height adjustable stand with over 70 settings
- The stand can be tilted to relieve reflux symptoms
- Can also be used as a free-standing bassinet
- Folds flat for storage or travel
- UK designed and made in Europe
- Made from European beech
- Includes mattress, stand and straps
Our Website does not have real time product quantities. We will advise within 48hrs: stock availability, order status and shipping details.
If your order is urgent please first contact the store by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (08) 9201 0520 to confirm product availability.